Loading Please Wait...
Title: Extraction Operator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be responsible for performing activities related to the production of extracts for the food and dietary supplement industries, using supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) technology.
· Adhere to FDA, quality, safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures
· Comply with GMP, Kosher, Halal and Organic certification requirements
· Thoroughly understand procedures in order to safely and efficiently operate the SFE machinery
· Material handling – unloading raw material, spent material and extract
· Prepare material for pre-treatment, post-treatment and disposal
· Operate extraction equipment using computer controls and following operating procedures
· Record all necessary data from production runs in accordance with GMP Standard Operating Procedures
· Clean and sterilize equipment and production work areas
· Trouble-shooting (testing and inspecting equipment for leaks and malfunctions)
· Equipment Maintenance
· Other duties not listed above as determined by the Toll-Processing Manager to be necessary in order to maintain operations and satisfactorily complete production campaigns. This may include data entry, grounds control, pest control, inventory
· The operator works in a production setting and is exposed to dust and noise. Long periods of standing may be required. *